The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

update on not much and other thrilling things


I have a handful of blogs I read, mostly other infertiles (though most now are happily pregnant, we're still infertiles). And when I go to check on them, I freely admit that I get somewhat miffed that they haven't been updated.

How hypocritical and irrational is THAT??? :p  Since I'm probably one of the most non-updating, lazy, slow-to-post blogger in the entire blog-o-sphere, it's extremely hypocritical…

So in an effort to not be quite so lazy and hypocritical, I'm posting.

Even though I really have nothing much to update.

The most exciting news I have is that I went out last weekend and bought some maternity clothes at Mo.ther.hood - two shirts and a pair of shorts. Yes, after trying on about 5 different pairs of pants and jeans and at least 20 shirts, I bought everything that fit me and looked decent. 2 shirts and a pair of shorts. That's it.

Why buy shorts? Because I'm going on a CRUISE! We leave TOMORROW! Waaahhoooo!!!!!!!!!! (I'm excited, can you tell?)  I've never been on a cruise before. I'm a bit worried about getting sea sick, so I bought some seabands - little accupressure wrist bands that are supposed to keep you from losing your lunch. I've also got some pedia.lyte, that drink you usually give sick kids to keep them from dehydrating. Not really sure how it's different from gator.ade, but the CDC says preggo people should drink pedialyte if they get the norovirus - you know, that nasty stomach bug that sometimes gives everybody on an entire ship the runs - since the CDC doesn't recommend immodiu.m or pep.to, even though I'm not sure my doctor would object to me taking that. (note to self: find list of approved drugs the OB gave me, might come in handy) Anyway, despite these little precautions I've taken, I'm excited and very hopeful that I won't get sick/feel bad on the trip.

I even found something to wear for the formal dinner on the ship. A pair of slinky black pants (rayon- knit-stuff I think) and a pink long-sleeved gauzy shirt. Now I'd wear this to work, so it's not over-the-top glam or anything, but I think with the right jewelry and makeup that it'll be formal enough. I haven't been to a formal anything since I got engaged 4 years ago, so I definitly wanted to dress up even though R didn't mind skipping it.

In other news, I bought a bassinet today. A second-hand one, since bassinets tend to be pricy and don't get used very long it just seemed too frivolous to buy one or even to register for one. But you know, most baby things are used only for a few months, so why does a bassinet seem frivolous to me? Maybe because they tend to be so frilly and cute. (Mine's a greyish beige, but still frilly and cute).


2 Comments:

Blogger Shop Girl said...

Have a wonderful time on the cruise! I don't remember if you ever posted your due date? Anyway, enjoy the new maternity clothes and all the yummy food that is sure to be served on the ship!

10:13 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

I'm due June 7th!

11:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter