The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Ultrasound #6 and my first OB appointment



Wow! A fantastic look at the baby today! It even moved a little while we were watching (we= the RE and me, R couldn't be there)

You can see little tiny arm and leg buds! The head is pointing down. Cute little bugger, isn't it?

After my morning wanding at the RE I was off to my OB appointment. Not too much happened - they would have done an ultrasound, but 2 in one day is too much, even for me, so I just showed them the picture and told them that everything was confirmed and the baby was fine and they were ok with that.

I wasn't sure if I was going to go back to my same OB/GYN - these are the same people who kept me on clomid for 7 months and would have kept me on it for 9 if I hadn't gone to the RE on my own. But in the end it just seemed easier. I DID tell the doctor that the RE was a little shocked they kept me on clomid for so long, and she did seem sorry (sorry I felt that way, not that she admitted to making poor choices for me)... and she could tell that I was a bit upset.

The doctor was excited to learn that I was pg... of course, her first thought was that I got pg on clomid since that's the last thing in her records, but I soon set her straight. I find it odd that the receptionist who made my appointment listed me as simply "missed menses" rather than confirmed pregnancy even though I told her I was transferring my care from an RE. And when the nurse was updating my family history and LMP and such, I told her I also had the dates of my IUIs, but she didn't even write that down. I suppose to them it doesn't matter HOW the baby got IN there, they're there to get the babies out.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shop Girl said...

How fun it must be for you and your hubby to watch the evolution of your little one :)

Aren't doctors annoying sometimes?! I can totally emphathize with you...

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter