The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Getting ready for baby furniture and other Important News


This weekend we did a lot of cleaning. We took the Christmas tree down on Saturday and got all the stuff up into the attic on Sunday - and that's good because all the empty boxes were piled up in the nursery.  I started going through some memorabilia stuff that's been stored in the closet and weeded some of it out. Didn't really finish that because we decided that getting the room ready for furniture was more important than reclaiming the closet right now. So, we moved out a huge cabinet full of porcelain dolls and a really heavy iron bakers rack that had been holding all of our serving platters and such. Don't worry, I didn't lift anything heavier than a porcelain doll! The cabinet was on rollers and made the move into the living room with no problem. The iron bookcase we put on those magic glider thingamajigs and so were able to slide that as well. It now sits next to the TV holding pictures, plants, knickknacks and the stereo (which previously sat on the floor, so this is a good thing). The pictures and knickknacks came from the living room bookshelf which I intend to have moved into the nursery as soon as R repaints it since it's a bluish-green that clashes horribly with the nursery's sage green paint.

So the only things left in the nursery are things that I intend to stay in there (closet junk not included!). There's a chair and footrest, a single bed, and a little school desk thing. Next weekend we'll go get the crib and dresser/changing table with my dad's help. We're buying that stuff from a friend. And almost every day she calls or emails to tell me about the other baby stuff she has for me if I want it! A changing pad, a high chair, decorative items, a fancy curtain rod, and so much more! Today she asked me about her stroller! So it sounds like I'll be fully stocked - I'm starting to wonder if I need to have a shower at all!

Anyway, here's my big news of the day…

I think I felt the baby move.

Just a tiny little sensation, a little flutter, so small I only half believe I felt it. But I think I felt the baby move.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter