The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

the big ultrasound

Well we had the big ultrasound on Friday and everything was fine. We do not want to know the gender, so that is still a suprise. But everything looked good and the baby was so cute! It had its legs crossed and one hand tucked under its head... it wiggled its other hand like it was waving. I was laying there leaking tears :) R was with me, holding my hand. We also got to hear the heartbeat again while they did the scan, but I didn't have the recorder with me this time. We had the ultrasound taped, but we haven't watched it yet, so I don't know if that's on there.

We met the OB afterwards, but she didn't really have much to say other than to report that the radiologist's report said everything was fine. We were able to ask a few questions and get a note that says I'm fit to travel for the cruise we're taking in 2 weeks.

I also asked her about swimming in salt water, since Shop Girl's doctor told her not to do it. Myt doctor said she thought that was being overly cautious and to go have fun. (Of course our different medical histories and different stages of pregnancy probably have a lot to do with the different advice from our doctors.)

Oh, and I also asked about the horrible headaches I've been having - she thinks I should go see my eye doctor, which is what I kinda figured she'd say. My blood pressure, which could have been a cause for headaches, is fine, so no worries there. She also endorsed drinking a little caffiene if it helps with the headaches - which it usually does.

In other news, my back feels like hell. I have a long history of putting my back out. There's nothing quite so fun as a slipped disk. I had about 6 months of physical therapy last year to help me strengthen my back, so I do know what to do to make it feel better. The problem is that the stretch that helps the most involves laying on your stomach - which I can't do. I can lay down in comfort and I can get comfortable standing up, but sitting is very tricky. So I'm really trying to take it easy this weekend and hope it feels a lot better by Monday when I have to go sit at my desk again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shop Girl said...

Glad to hear the ultrasound went well, and that everything checks out! As for the not swimming in saltwater thing - it was just on the generic handout they gave me at the RE's office, not advice specific to my condition (at least I don't think so). There is so much conflicting advice out there on pregnancy that as long as your doc cleared ya, you should be fine. Have a great time on your cruise!

2:20 PM  
Blogger Emmie said...

I'm glad to hear the ultrasound went so well! I know what you mean about leaking tears while you watch. Must invest in waterproof mascara...

Have a fabulous time on your cruise!

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter