The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

holiday re-cap

Oh geez, it's been a month since I posted?! Sorry! I blame it on the holidays.

Things that have happened in the last month:

  • I can only wear maternity pants. Although I can fit into some of my husband's jeans just fine, they only feel good when I'm standing up and are uncomfortable to sit down in for long periods of time. So I gave them up.
  • Haven't been back to the doctor yet - that's coming up  next week.
  • My belly sticks out as much as my boobs! I don't know why this is such a milestone for me, but it just tickles me to no end.
  • Most nausea is over with. I still don't like the smell of chicken very much, although I've successfully eaten it once. I still feel the need to eat often, but most of the time a glass of milk will do just fine.

We spent Christmas up in north Texas in a tiny little town where my mom was born. She's bought an old historic house there and is in the process of fixing it up. We drove up (7 hour trip!) the Friday before Christmas and mom got there Saturday night. We bought a tree on Christmas eve and put it up (decorated with stuff R and I hauled up from Houston plus popcorn that we strung).  I had a bit of an accident Saturday night when I was trying to toss out some burnt popcorn for the birds… I put my foot through a rotten porch board. My leg went in to the top of my calf and I fell down hard on my butt. R was inside and didn't hear me calling him at first, but by the time I broke down in tears he heard me and came out. I didn't even break the skin on my leg and there was no sign of injury to the baby - it just scared me to death! So R had me lay in the recliner and he waited on me all evening.

Well, R had to go back to work on Wednesday, so late Tuesday we drove down to Dallas so he could fly home :(  I stayed with my mom until Saturday and then drove home by myself. We hadn't had Christmas with A yet (R's son), so we did that on New Year's Eve morning and then had a nice fondue dinner that night (fondue is usually our Christmas eve tradition)

Anyway, the baby furniture I'm buying from a friend is now available and my dad is going to help us pick it up weekend after next. Guess we better get moving on getting the room ready to hold it all!

I'm still getting a lot of headaches, but other than that I'm feeling pretty good most of the time. I think I'll make an appointment with my eye doctor as I'm long overdue for a checkup.


Blogger Kari said...

I know what you mean about the fall. About a month ago I was pushing a fixture at work and it got stuck on something on the floor and stopped quick bumping me in the stomach and knocking me on my butt. I wasn't hurt, nor was the baby, but I bawled my eyes out because it scared the crap out of me!

9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post Jena. Please don't wait so long to post again. Your faithful readers need more of your quality posts. Has "Life in the Krauss House" died ???

6:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter