The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

glowing


People say that pregnant women glow.

Now I know why. They are suffering from nasty oily pregnancy skin.

Is it just me? For the last week or so, I have felt like a walking oil slick. I rarely wear foundation, just powder - but now my powder disappears in less than an hour! I can't even get to work before it's gone. So yesterday I hit the drug store and bought some witch hazel to use as an astringint; an "oil control" face powder that I haven't used since I was a teenager; and blotting papers to keep the oil slick at bay. Ug. I still feel like I've been standing over a deep fat fryer.

1 Comments:

Blogger Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

It will get better. One of the lovely side effects of pregnancy is puberty-like skin in the beginning. Now that I'm in my second trimester I'm getting the glow instead of the oil drum.

thewee1.blogspot.com

4:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter