The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Friday, October 06, 2006

First Ultrasound - 5w1d

I had my first pg ultrasound today.

R came with me. I'm so glad that he could be there, even though there wasn't a lot to see because it was our first view of our baby. And somehow, seeing it on the screen and seeing the movement just makes it more real. Now I realize that it's not the baby moving, but rather the doctor's magic wand, but still... the sense of motion adds something.

At this stage, it's just a little blob inside a larger, blurrier blob, but the important thing is that it's just one blob. If there had been 2, it would have been a nice thrill, but I'm happy with one. If there had been more than 2 blobs, we would have needed CPR to revive R. His sense of relief was palpable at the doctor's proclamation of a singleton.

Next RE appointment is Monday - not sure why it's so soon, she said everything looked great.

1 Comments:

Blogger Emmie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Congratulations on your first pg ultrasound! I'm happy to meet someone who is at the same stage as me. It's so exciting and scary at the same time. I look forward to reading your blog!

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter