The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Sunday, October 01, 2006

Some pictures

OK, so my husband thinks I'm silly and my mom thinks I'm insane. (Write this date down, it may be the first time they've ever agreed on anything.) But I went and bought an hpt. Gee, it um, worked pretty fast. But I swear that seeing that second line just put a big silly grin on my face and I'm glad I got to see it.

I've heard of people keeping their pg tests for sentimental reasons. That seems a little gross to me, but I did take a picture. Which I'm now sharing with you even though you probably don't want to see it.

Since I had my camera out, I took a picture of another fascinating item that I've been holding on to... the bag that the specimen cup came home in.

Now wait, before you click away thinking I'm really and truly crazy, I want it to be know that I did not keep this for sentimental reasons, but for humorous ones. I simply think the graphic on the bag is the most bizzare thing I've ever seen. Especially if you consider what it's meant to carry.


So here it is.

What do you think of this?

Now I assume that the woman and the leaves and such are meant to represent fertility, especially since she's dancing under the moon. But this is for a guy's sample, so I think the female imagery is a bit odd.

But the weirdest thing is that she appears to be dancing inside a condom. It is woman as impotent phallic symbol.

I'm open to other interpretations, please feel free to share.





2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I still have just about every positive pregnancy test I have ever gotten (yes, I know, ewwwwww.). They're all in a ziploc bag somewhere deep in the recesses of the cabinet under my bathroom sink.

I run a website, Babes in Blogland, that lists ttc, expecting, and parenting bloggers to help us all find one another. I've added your site to the blogroll. If you need me to correct any information or if you would like for me to remove the link, please let me know.

Thank you and congratulations.

12:02 AM  
Blogger Unkempt Mommy said...

I am a total freak and took 10 home pregnancy tests to confirm this pregnancy. I took a photo of 9 of them (The 1st one appeared negative, but I bet if I squinted my eyes just right while standing on my head, I could've seen a sencond line:) You can see my obsessive test progression HERE. Congratulations to you, by the way!!!!! That's so exciting!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter