The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Waiting it out...

Well I'm fully recovered now. I had a lot of cramping and discomfort. Not really sure if it was even related to the procedure though (*WARNING* TMI follows, skip to next paragraph to avoid descriptions of bodily functions!) or if it was just cramping from gas and constipation. But then that's not something that normally afflicts me, so I don't know if I was constipated from the drugs or something, or simply from changes in my diet due to stress. (Like eating too much ice cream at night and egg sandwiches for breakfast and dinner.)

Anyway, I feel much better now. I'm in a bit of a lull right now. Not yet stressed about the results, I feel calm. But in a way I also feel a bit helpless. I mean, this part is all about luck isn't it? I've done what I can, my bet has been placed and the roulette wheel is in motion.

I read a book on infertility last night, Julia Indichova's Inconceivable. It was a quick read, and pretty interesting. Now her situation and mine aren't that similar. She had a known reason why she was having difficulty (older, high FSH) and she took steps to correct that problem - albeit non-traditional steps. She changed her diet, drank wheatgrass, tried Chinese herbs and acupuncture and a few other things besides. More importantly I think, was that she was taking control of her treatment and not just following what the doctor's said blindly. I do see the logic in improving your diet and trying to make your body as healthy as possible.

To that end, here are my resolutions: to go to yoga at least twice per week (something I'd already started doing a little bit); to reduce caffeine and eventually cut it completely (I have  serious addiction, but I'm down to 2 caffeinated drinks per day); and to improve my diet by adding more fruits and vegetables.


1 Comments:

Blogger Rob said...

I will support you in any way I can with that!

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter