The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Beta #2 results

hcg is 397
progesterone is 19.2

oh my god, it just got a little bit more real.

We told the moms (R's mom and my mom) on Tuesday that we got a positve test. I told my best friend. I tried to call my dad, but haven't gotten hold of him yet.

Now I don't plan to tell a lot of people until much much much later, but everyone knows that there's a secondary circle of people who know every aspect of your life. These are the people that your friends and relatives spill their guts to. I swore all 3 people we told to secrecy until today, just in case the number didn't go up. So I told my mom today that she could tell her cousin, but not the whole family. I'm sure it will leak out though. I'll let R's mom tell his brother and his wife. And I really need to get a hold of my dad.

It's real…isn't it?

You know, it seems very very silly, but I'm not sure it will seem real until I pee on a stick. For the last couple months I've relied on blood tests because I know I tend to obsess on very very faint lines on pee sticks. I need to see that double line now. R thinks I'm silly, but I don't care. I'm buying something to pee on tonight. Just to make it real.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter