The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Monday, April 02, 2007

Mostly just whining



We had a pretty lousy weekend.

The power went out early Saturday morning and despite assurances by the power company that it would be on by 10am, it did not come on until 10:30 pm. It was out for over 14 hours. Nice, eh?

Just to make things more fun, my stepson was sick with a cough and a fever - and how much fun is it to be 12 and be sick in a house where there's no TV?? He didn't complain much, but still, it sucked. (We did offer to take him back to his mom's where there was electricity, but he said he'd rather stay. I take it as a sign of how ill he was feeling - willingly foregoing television?? Yikes! He's better now though.)

AND we were supposed to have an electrician out to do some work… since an electrician, oddly enough, needs electricity to do his work (or at least to check his work at the end of the job), we have to reschedule… but when? Next weekend is Easter, the weekend after is the baby shower and both my mom and R's mom will be staying with us, so it'll have to be the weekend after that. April 21st. Ugh. So far away.

Anyway, Sunday was a lazy day too, but at least A could watch TV and we could all lounge in air conditioned comfort. It's not so hot that most people would *need* to have the AC on already, but it was very humid and somewhat warm, and damnit I'm pregnant and I get freaking hot! (Did I mention that one of the things the electrician was going to do was put a ceiling fan in our bedroom? I really want my ceiling fan and I'm feeling quite cranky about it. Box fans are just NOT the same.)

Highlight of the weekend: going to S.onic for slushies.


------------
Now for the non whining portion of this post:

I'm fine (just cranky), the baby seems fine and is moving all around. I forgot to mention last time I went to the OB that the baby's heart rate was 160.

That is all. Carry on.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kari said...

Mmmm Slushies! I would kill for a S*nic out here. What makes it worse than not having one is that they show the commercials here! There isn't one anywhere near here! What a tease.

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter