The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Thursday, March 15, 2007

Week 28 update


I smell bad. 

I took a shower today and I'm wearing deoderant, but I swear I still smell. In the last week I've really noticed an increase in my body odor. If I take a shower at night, deoderant must be applied immediately or I can't stand the smell of myself as I try to fall asleep. I have deoderant in my desk drawer at work for emergency stink.  I had noticed a change in b.o. strength early on in my pregnancy, but then it seemed to go away - but it's back. Try not to stand to close. (Sorry R, you have to stay close to me, no free pass for you, just try not to breath through your nose.)

My back hurts.

I had a preggo massage last weekend, which was great, but had no long lasting effects on my back pain. It's not horrible pain, it's just constant and annoying. It's hard to get comfortable.

I cry a lot.

Not serious crying, I just get weepy at everything. Especially the news. Is it just me or are there a ton of dead/abused baby stories in the news right now? I can't even scan the headlines without a tissue in my hand. Want to read a sad one? Here's the story of a boy who fought to get his baby sister a proper burial. 

I did have a few weepy moments last night that were more like infertility flashbacks. As R admired my bare belly and I stared at the curve of my belly under his hand, I just started crying. I never thought it would happen. And sometimes I still don't believe that it is happening despite feeling Little E kick the bejesus out of me.

A name.

Yeah, that's right, I called the baby Little E, not Little Bugger. I think we've chosen the names for a boy and girl. Don't worry, it's not the same name, they just both happen to start with the letter E. Weird, huh? But don't run out and get us a monogram or anything, we reserve the right to change our minds upon seeing the kid - ok, I reserve the right to change my mind and to change R's for him :p After all, I'll have just given birth, do you really think he's going to argue with me? Both E names, and the back-up names are just names we picked out and like, they don't have special meaning and aren't family names. The middle names have been decided for quite some time and they are family names.

Classes.

We're signed up for childbirth and breastfeeding classes at the hospital for late April. We've signed up for infant care and cpr classes at a local hospital that's closer to the house, also in late April. I think we're going to take some Lamaze classes too, which would start in the next week or two. Still not sure that I can or will do this without drugs, but if I'm even going to try then I figure I need some lessons!

Next OB appt is the 23rd. After that we go from monthly appointments to every 2 weeks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter