The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Nesting


It's March 7th - 3 months exactly before the due date. So in my mind, the 3rd trimester begins today. Of course I'll only be 27 weeks tomorrow. Depending on who you ask, 3rd trimester begins either at 28 weeks or 30 weeks. (30 weeks? How is only 10 weeks supposed to be a third of 40? It's certainly not 3 months!)

Anyway, I had lunch yesterday with a co-worker whom I see about once a month. As father of 2 kids under the age of 3, he's familiar with the emotional stages of pregnancy. He asked if I'd started nesting yet.  I said no. He told me how his wife had done it before both her sons were born - organizing everything and getting the house ready. I said, oh, well, I did clean out underneath the kitchen sink and bathroom sink last weekend!

He laughed a bit and said, well, you can tell when a woman's really nesting by looking at the linen closet - if all the sheets are stacked up and it's amazingly orderly…

At which point I started laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes because I had to 'fess up that I organized the linen closet the weekend before - and that not only were the sheets stacked by size, the shelves are labeled.

Oh dear, maybe I am nesting.

When I started to tell this story to R, and told him that I told my friend I wasn't nesting, he said - Oh yeah, you're nesting all right. See, last weekend I made this whole list of things to do around the house ranging from clean the patio and clean under the sinks to go grocery shopping. In my mind, this was a list to fend off the annoying question "what do we need to do this weekend", but apparently the list got put in the "she's nesting" category.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter