The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Over half way there


OK, so I was telling someone about what I've been going through and I mentioned how emotional Clomid had made me. I said that it was such a difference now that I'm off it, and that the crying pretty much stopped immediately.

Well, maybe not all the tears. I have gotten teary the last couple days for no good reason. Not big sobbing crying fits, just a few tears trickling down my cheeks.

And more perhaps more importantly, I've felt a little… different… lately.  I feel like my emotions are being depressed. But I don't think that's the right word. I'm not feeling depressed/down/blue/funky… I feel a bit removed from my emotions right now. Almost like when I started taking the Wellbutrin so long ago (ok, just over a year ago, but I've been off since December '05). Like I'm seperated from my emotions and wrapped in a down comforter. It's not a bad feeling, just rather odd.

<sigh>

Anyway, Rob pointed out that last night was repronex injection #6 - so we're over halfway there, and that's a nice feeling. Last night's shot wasn't so bad, I think we found a good spot for it. I only mention it because shots 4 and 5 really stung a lot when the meds were going in. Oh, and I guess I forgot to mention yesterday that the nurse looked at the hot-to-the-touch, blotchy red areas the shots create. And I told her I felt like I'd been beaten. She said "Oh, that's not bad at all". Great. So my butt is supposed to hurt.

My mother-in-law, N, also called for an update last night. (yes, she knows all, as does my mom). I gave her all the gory details and was telling her that Rob is doing a good job giving the shots. Apparently I hadn't mentioned before that it's a 1.5 inch needle, because that provoked an "oh my goodness!" from her… really not a good feeling to get that gasp of shock from someone who's a nurse.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter