The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Monday, May 14, 2007

Ultrasound and a quick OB visit

So I had my ultrasound today... everything looks good! Baby is measuring a whopping 7lb13oz according to the radiologist's estimate, though this could be high by 10%. (My OB thinks it's closer to 7lbs right now). Anyway, the radiologist's estimate puts baby in the 90th percentile for weight - or measuring about 2 weeks ahead. (Which I'm guessing is how some people get revised due dates, especially if they got pg on their own, but since we all know exactly when I got pg, it's just a darn big baby.)

Anyway, the baby is still in a good position, head down and everything. S/he was busy sucking on his/her hand and wiggling it's little tush around. We could see the baby practicing it's breathing and the little heart was thumping away (heart rate was 160). Fluid levels and placenta looked good.

At the OB's office, I found that my blood pressure has dropped back to the normal range, so things are looking good there. Haven't gained any weight since Friday. So that was my OB visit for the week. I'm not going back until next Friday - the 25th of May - unless anything changes or feels 'weird'. (which means I get to skip an internal exam since I didn't get one today - woohoo! I didn't mention it after my last appointment, but the internal really sucked. Stay the heck away from my cervix! And for all that I wasn't dialated or effaced or anything.)

I really really need to start calling some pediatricians!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Shop Girl said...

You're getting close to the finish line - GOOD LUCK!!!

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter