The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Monday, May 07, 2007

Reducing my work schedule


I will start working from home next week unless things are looking better regarding my blood pressure and proteins when I go for my appointment on Friday. (Because I actually prefer working in the office to working at home - weird, I know).

Anyway, I spoke to my boss today and he's fine with just about anything I arrange, which makes things easy.
My original plan, previously discussed with my boss before this last OB visit, was to start working from home on the 21st. So I'm only moving it up a week.

I'm also going to take all Fridays off, so my hours will be reduced. (I currently have every-other Friday off based on the company work schedule.)

I'll also pass off the most irritating aspect of my job to a coworker who will be in the office, and pass off the most tedious part of my job to the lady who will be covering most of my job while I'm on leave.

I do feel some added pressure to tie up loose ends and make sure everything's covered at work, but I think we're in pretty good shape. I only have one task left that would be next to impossible for someone else to do, and that's putting together some user statistics. Not exactly high stress stuff. And frankly, not the end of the world if it didn't get done until I came back. Other than that, my role these next few weeks is to answer questions from the people who are covering my job. Hmmm… when I think of it that way, it's a good thing I'll be reducing my hours. I don't think I could fill an entire work week with just that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter