The Fertility Carousel

Reaching for the brass ring on the fertility carousel (again!). (Because I already caught the brass ring on the infertility carousel and I want to get rid of it!) Two years of trying to conceive, but I finally got baby E. Now we begin going around and around again. Infertility sucks.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

ill


First off, this is a little off-topic, but I have to get it off my chest. People who bring fish for lunch and reheat it in the microwave should be shot. How disgusting can you get? I should point out that I don't like fish to begin with. I dislike the smell of it and am dismayed whenever a meal-companion orders fish because I know it will smell. And it always does. But reheated fish smells a hundred times worse. And should NOT be allowed in offices where I can't escape the nasty scent.

Now, for the real post….

I had my doctor's appointment on Friday. She said that there's no benefit to doing cycles back-to-back, but no reason not to either. She supported the idea of taking a break if that would be best for me emotionally. But honestly, I didn't relax during our 1 month break and I don’t think I would now either. I would see it as a waste of time. So we proceeded. She did an internal ultrasound and there were some small follicles still hanging out, but since my estradiol level was down at my last blood test, she gave me the go-ahead. She said that everything looked good last time, but she wanted to try me at a slightly higher dose. So I'm taking 3 vials/shot this time. Because of the holiday and because I needed to start on Saturday, the doctor's office dispensed the drugs, so we're paying full price this time. I hope it works.

My next appointment is tomorrow (Wednesday).

I should mention that I feel like crap. Not like I did last time when I felt like I was getting t he flu. I don't feel run-down this time. And the shots don't ache as much. But last night, after our Labor Day shish-kabob extravaganza, I woke up feeling ill. I had a headache so severe it woke me up. I also felt nauseated. I went to the bathroom, took some tylenol and hung my head over the garbage pail for a while. Didn't think I was going to be sick so I turned down the AC (can't go to sleep hot, and I was feeling very hot), and went back to bed. Laid there maybe 15 minutes before I thought I was going to yak. So I went back to the bathroom to hang out there for a while longer.  Nothing. Got back to sleep around 2am. Now this morning I feel like crap. The question is, why do I feel like crap? Is it a)because I'm exhausted?; b)because I ate a bad kabob?; c)because taking triple shots of Repronex is making me sick?; or d)some combination of the above? No matter what the answer, I can tell you this for certain: The nasty fish smell is NOT helping! And neither is all the tylenol I'm taking.

Anyway, no yoga tonight for me, I'm going home to bed as soon as I can escape from here.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counter
Free Web Site Counter